Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Biblical Wednesday

Since today is my midweek day off, and I have nothing to do, I have decided to inaugurate a new feature for Media Dump. I have decided to consult the greatest repository of wisdom and spirituality that has ever alighted upon this Earth: the King James Bible (vastly wiser than either the Vulgate, Gnostic Gospels, or Chicken Soup for the Soul).

However, with so much wisdom parceled out in nice, tidy chunks of verse, I must rhetorically ask myself, which quotation should I quote? I have decided to rely on Fortuna, the third greatest of deities (behind both the Father and the Hindu monkey god Rama, but just beating out the Holy Spirit), and will randomly open the bible and place my finger on the verse. So without further ado, this week's verse, 1 Corinthians 1:32:

"Now the sons of Ke-tu'rah, Abraham's concubine: she bare Zim'ran, and Jok'shan, and Me'dan, and Mid'i-an, and Ish'bak, and Shu'ah. And the sons of Jok'shan; She'ba, and De'dan."

Can't you feel your spiritual quotient rising?

No comments: