Wednesday, November 08, 2006

VA: Recount Inevitable; CT: Lieberman Wins

In Virigina, with 99% of the precincts reporting, Jim Webb is ahead by only 2700 votes. A recount is inevitable, with the lawyers, I am sure, already gearing up for some major litigations. Considering the heavy military presence in Virginia (Norfolk being the major naval base for the Eastern Seaboard), one would think that if they dip into the absentee ballots, this would be a huge benefit for Allen.

Lieberman has thrashed Ned Lamont in Connecticut. Unlike most of the other people that I know, I am fairly content with this outcome. Lieberman, though too conservative for my tastes, has consistently brought the bacon home to Connecticut, and I am sure that his special relationship with George W. Bush was a big reason the Groton Naval Base was saved. So, for me at least, local politics trumped national issues. Of course, in the end, it didn't really matter since I voted in Missouri, but just my 2 cents.

No comments: